Corporate Social Responsibility
Hubbell’s corporate social responsibility programs align with driving long-term shareholder growth.
Hubbell is committed to operating as a responsible global citizen that promotes a culture of compliance, safety, inclusion and diversity, and investment in our people. This approach aligns with our foundational pillars and positively impacts our shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers and local communities. Hubbell’s Board is committed to these issues and provides regular oversight on related initiatives. In 2019, the Board formally memorialized its commitment to and oversight of environmental, social and governance (“ES&G”) issues in its Corporate Governance Guidelines. The Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee (“NCGC”) has primary jurisdictional review of management’s approach to ES&G, as further reflected in the revised NCGC charter, and reports regularly on ES&G matters to the full Board. In 2019, Hubbell evidenced its commitment to ES&G and sustainability issues via a dedicated section of its website at www.hubbell.com.
CHARITIES AND NON-PROFITS THAT EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS AND THE COMPANY DONATED TO OR VOLUNTEERED FOR IN 2019
JOINED THE PARADIGM FOR PARITY COALITION AND PARTNERED WITH EMPLOYER SUPPORT OF THE GUARD & RESERVE
DOWN 11%IMPROVED SAFETY RECORD BY DECREASING THE TOTAL RECORDABLE INCIDENT RATE OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS
BASELINED ITS GREENHOUSE GAS AND WATER USAGE IN ADVANCE OF PLAN TO PUBLISH REDUCTION GOALS IN 2020
- The Harvey Hubbell Foundation (the “Foundation”), donated over $1,000,000 to local and national charities and educational institutions, with a special focus on STEM initiatives.
- Through its “Dollars for Doers” program, the Foundation made matching donations to the charities for which Hubbell employees volunteer.
- Hubbell employees led Habitat for Humanity builds, Make-A-Wish Foundation fundraisers, and American Cancer Society walks across the United States.
- Hubbell dedicated safety teams that implement safety standards, policies and deliverables at all manufacturing locations.
- Baselined greenhouse gas emissions and water usage at manufacturing facilities in 2019.
- Reviewed and updated saftey policies for the enterprise.
- Hubbell management regularly engaged with E&S focused shareholders.
IN OUR PEOPLE
- Hubbell signed onto the Paradigm for Parity coalition, joining over 100 companies in committing to achieve gender parity in its senior leadership by 2030.
- Hubbell signed the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), evidencing our continued support of our military and reservist employees.
- To help facilitate Hubbell’s commitment to inclusion and diversity, Hubbell’s executive population and leaders all received unconscious bias training.
- In 2019, Hubbell issued a Third-Party Code of Conduct that defines our expectations for our partners around the globe.
- Continued to require all employees and directors to annually review and certify to Hubbell’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Conducted a first-ever ethics and compliance survey of Hubbell's leadership team (150 respondents).